Tuesday, April 12, 2011

road trip

Tomorrow I will depart Tucson to head to Phoenix to check in with a few folks and then by Saturday I'll be on my way to my Grandparents' house in the place of my birth; Merced/Atwater in the great state of California. 

I'm looking forward to being in California, especially so close to summer. It brings back memories of my childhood spending months there in the sunshine with my Gramma and cousins, eating watermelon and strawberries. Picking blackberries and making pie with them. Getting into arguments with my Grandpa who is such a pain in the ass, even after all these years. I haven't spent much time there in the last 10 years so I am really looking forward to going for an extended period. I am bringing my bike so that my grandparents and I can ride and I'm planning on keeping them busy with yoga videos and exercise. Hopefully I can convince my Gramma to let me cook some of our meals. I am looking forward to being there but I am also hesitant to leave. Things seem to just be sprouting here and I am fearful that I may be leaving at the wrong time...it will only be a month a half. I will return before Mom's 50th birthday on the 2nd of June (wow!). 

The trees are turning bright green and the cactus are blooming after that bad freeze here in February. It is so pretty. 

...like cybidium orchids, pale green ones. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment