Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Planning is Pointless

Since I've been house sitting quite a lot over this past month, I've not been home much at all. 

Last week (between 2 sitting gigs) friends of mine had an unexpected medical emergency and I spent three days at their house helping get their two small girls to school and home, cook meals, clean etc. The youngest brother of said friends also lives with them so I was taking him to school and back daily as well. On top of that, these friends' watch another woman's child (age 2) while her mother is at work. It was exhausting. It offered further evidence that I DO NOT desire to be a mother and in any case I'd be bad one. I have so much more respect for my friend and her motherly skills- to handle what she does everyday by herself- three small children and a 15 year old, while managing to keep the house standing AND be a student at the same time...amazing. Simply amazing. It is also, in a way, to me, kind of sad. She hardly has any time for herself as now her daily routine has become the welfare of so many others. Maybe that sounds selfish. And I'm sure she doesn't think of it this way- I don't know.

I've got two more sitting gigs added to my calender. A friend of mind is drawing me a picture that I can use on business cards I want to get printed. Looking forward to that.  

Also, I really want to try and be more active. I feel I am not as healthy as I could be, often tired and then guilty for not having done more. Hopefully I can maintain the drive to pay more attention to the food I ingest and make more health conscious decisions. Not that I don't believe I am pretty healthy to begin with, but there is usually room for improvement. Starting today with workout class at 5pm!

Quiz tonight. 2nd Anniversary for Geeks at Congress. Should be a huge turnout and big fun. Won a free pizza last week, but will probably have to redeem it the following one. Free food is always welcome in my book! Especially GOOD free food. Empire Pizza rocks. 

...Always I talk about things I'd like, or want or don't want and 9 times out of 10 none of those things ever come to fruition. Am I just lazy or unmotivated?

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you are neither lazy nor unmotivated, but undisciplined...?

    ReplyDelete